Concours « Provence Africa Connect »
For the 4th edition of its international summit on organic innovation and emergent startups, Emerging Valley pairs up with Aix-Marseille-Provence metropolis, AfricaLink and the Aix-Marseille-Provence-French Tech to organize the “Provence Africa Connect” prize. This award will recognize an entrepreneur from Aix-Marseille who has developed one or more projects in Africa, or who has built meaningful partnerships with African stakeholders.
For the very first time in 2020, the “Provence Africa Connect” prize will highlight and mentor entrepreneurs who have been working to strengthen economic ties between the territories of Aix-Marseille and Africa.
This award echoes two prizes organized by Emerging Valley which aim at celebrating groundbreaking African entrepreneurs. The Med’Innovant prize, initiated by Euroméditerranée will reward two African entrepreneurs whose projects are to be implemented on the Aix-Marseille metropolis territory, and the Social & Inclusive Business Camp prize, created by the French Development Agency, Startup BRICS and supported by the prestigious investment fund I&F, which will reward inspiring African leaders who are building socially impactful solutions.
The selection of the candidates will be made by a jury of experts and partners of the summit. It will include the prestigious Omar Cissé, CEO of InTouch, an icon in the field of African Tech. Applicants will be selected according to criteria organized in five categories that can be found in the application file :
- Presence of the entrepreneur and their project in Africa
- Economic credibility of the entrepreneur and their project
- Innovative aspect of the partnership
- Input on the attractiveness of the Aix-Marseille-Provence metropolis in Africa
- Social impact and resiliency of the project for African and European territories.
The winners will benefit from :
- A chance to pitch their project during the 4th edition of EMERGING Valley on April 7th and 8th, 2021
- A multi-channel and international visibility through Emerging Valley networks
- The production and wide diffusion of their video interview
Africalink professional support :
- Being in charge of a mission in Africa to develop their project
- A one-year free membership in the Africalink network
- Being coached by a mentor from the Africalink network
- Being introduced in their targeted country business network by a mentor from the Africalink network
- Being helped during fundraisings